How are those goals going? I wanted to give a little update as we enter the new month. January may have been a long month, but it was relatively calm for me considering the previous months.
Here are the goals I set for myself in January and how they are going.
- Get my newsletter up and running: In case you haven’t signed up for my newsletter, I share weekly updates, the best travel deals, my favorite finds from the week and a social media tip to help you grow your own accounts. Happy to say I have a good routine going for this newsletter and cannot wait to be in your inbox every Friday afternoon.
- Start BBG: I have surprisingly stuck to this goal. If you don’t know what BBG is, it’s a workout program that is 28 minutes a day 3 days a week, and it is a butt-kicker. I am finished with week 3 and moving on to week 4 of the beginner training. I will give more updates towards the end of February and let you know the results I am seeing if I decided to stick with it.
- Eat in for every meal: I am the first one to suggest ordering in or going out to eat, and both my wallet and health needed a little break from this. So, in January, I cooked almost every single meal. While I have enjoyed this and plan to stick to my new cooking habits, I am excited for the upcoming trips I have where eating out will fell a little more special.
- Continue reading every day: I have continued on reading every single day and don’t see this ending any time soon. Two stand out books from January were The Female Persuasion and The Girl Who Smiled Beads.
Even though it’s not a new year, There are a few habits that I am going to add in for February and hopefully carry throughout the year.
- Five-Minute Journal: You guys. I am so close to journaling every day, but I always seem to miss a day or two. For February I am determined to get all 28 days in my journal.
- Meditating: For a while last year, I was meditating every single day, and then I started to feel really good and decided that I didn’t need to meditate. I am going to challenge myself to meditate for the month of February and see if that makes me feel even better than I already do. It’s a good reminder that self-care isn’t just for when you are stressed or upset.
- One creative project a week: This week I took a spur of the moment drive to Antelope Island to watch the sunset and take photos. It felt so good to get a little creative time in just for the sake of enjoyment. Which is why I am going to continue this and hopefully have some fun projects to share at the end of it all!
If you are heading into February feeling frustrated about where your goals are at or unmotivated, take time to:
- Write down what your goals were.
- Assess if they are still important to you.
- Modify goals.
- Be nice to yourself. If everyone achieved all their goals on the first go around, we would be so boring!
Photos by Camber Weiss.