Have you ever thought about starting a Facebook Group? Facebook Groups are one of THE best ways to build up a community that is highly engaged. I know, I know running a Facebook Group is just adding one more item to your never-ending to-do list, but with Facebook Pages becoming mainly pay to play platforms now is the time to shift your energy towards these groups.
Here is why Facebook Groups are so important:
- They help build up your community: By connecting with one another and asking for advice, recommendations, and help your community will form real friendships and YOU are the reason why.
- More people will see your posts: Facebook Groups make it easier for people in that group to see your content. No more posting to only 15 people.
- You get to add value: By creating a space where community members can connect you are adding value for FREE. This value is separate from the products or services you sell and a little goes a long way to create a lifetime customer.
If you have no idea how to set up a Facebook Group I have included these short instructions. If you have got the basics down, scroll to the next section.
- Go to your Facebook Business Page.
- Click the button that says groups in the left sidebar.
- Then select create a group.
- Follow the prompts to finish creating your group.
- Make your group set to private so people have to be accepted in (this keeps spam out).
Now that you’ve got your group set up here are a few things I recommend each group has the following:
- Upload a document with community guidelines. This lets new group members know what the rules are and if they don’t follow them you can kick them out.
- Create a pinned post welcoming New Members, directing them to the community guidelines, and asking them to introduce themselves.
Depending on what your group niche is about you can tailor your posting schedule and content, but I recommend the following posting cadence if you are short on time.
Theme your weeks: pick a theme for each week and then create discussion topics around that theme. For instance, if you are a travel group you could talk about a certain country, or red-eye flying tips, or packing hacks. Then once you have created the initial post allow your group members to steer the conversation.
Post two discussion topics a week: you shouldn’t need more than two discussion topics a week, but be sure to chime into other people’s conversations when you have time.
Host a monthly LIVE call: to make people want to join your group I recommend hosting monthly live calls to have a Q&A or share your expertise on a topic. Make sure that this live call is only hosted in the group so people want to join!
Alright head over to Facebook and create your group! If you want to share a new page that you created you can join my Facebook Group and share it there. This group is all about building biz and life you LOVE.