I don’t know about you, but I am really leaning into fall this year. I say that as if this is different from previous years, which it’s really not for me. Fall is my favorite season and since I know a lot more of us are staying home this year, I thought it would be the perfect time to share all of my fall favorites including activities, cozy clothing, the best books to curl up with, home decor and recipes that you NEED to make this year.
Depending on where you live, I recommend researching what activities are safe and open in your area (and of course please please wear a mask).
- Apple Picking: I FINALLY went apple picking as an adult recently and had the best time. If you live near an orchard, I highly recommend going and picking apples for a fun fall activity.
- Go Leaf Peeping: I will be doing this multiple times, but leaf-peeping could be a hike, a drive, or just a walk through your neighborhood. Be sure to bring your camera and cozy up in a sweater to really enjoy your time.
- Carving Pumpkins at Home: The pumpkin patches here are a little too crowded for my comfort, but I picked up some pumpkins from Trader Joe’s to carve. I really love this design but not so sure if I can recreate it.
- Scary Movie Night: Scary movies are something that I have a love/hate relationship with. I will be doing “scary” movies from Disney which are a lot milder than say The Grudge, such as Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. I am pulling out all the stops this year with treats, cozy blankets, and string lights to make my living room very vibey.
- Make a DIY Garland for Your Home: I think this is such a fun, festive project for anyone to do. You can hang these over your door or in your living room. Here are a few I love: pumpkin garland, ghost garland, and this jack o’ lantern balloon garland.
- Go on a Fall Picnic: I have personally never done this, but you better believe this is the year. Gather your favorite picnic items and bring a hot thermos with apple cider. I will be playing this playlist and just taking in the weather and fall foliage.
Cozy Fall Loungewear
I have definitely increased my loungewear collection this year because ninety percent of my days are spent in loungewear. I found a few new items that I am excited to share with you!
Books to Read
This is a list of my tried and true books that I wish I could be reading for the first time this fall. I tried to include a variety of spooky/thriller and cozy feel-good books.
- The Idea of You
- The Broken Girls
- Normal People
- Daisy Jones and The Six
- The Ninth House
- Lock Every Door
Since I am definitely spending more time at home, I love to make my space feel cozy and a little like a celebration of the season. Here are a few of my must-haves.
I used to really avoid the kitchen as much as possible, but after this year I actually find it relaxing to follow a recipe and make something delicious. I recommend putting on some of your favorite music and enjoying your favorite beverage while you cook.
Texas Style Chilli // Zucchini Bread // Autumn Squash Soup // Cranberry Rosemary One Pan Chicken // Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal // Pumpkin Dump Cake // Chicken Pot Pie // Apple Crumble // French Onion Macaroni and Cheese