Feeling a little stuck in your business? Maybe you just reached a big goal you had been working towards and now you don’t know why you aren’t growing even more or reaching that next lofty goal. Boy, have I been there and so have my clients. It might even feel like you have been climbing and climbing and now you are just on a plateau and that is completely normal!
What this probably means is that you need to increase the number of people you are reaching. Think of it like this. Say you started your business by selling to 100 people on Instagram and 30 of those people bought what you were selling. You aren’t going to be able to convince the other 70 people (at least not right away) that they should buy what you are selling. Instead, you are going to want to reach new people, people who are more likely to buy what you are selling, people who have NEVER heard about you before. And you want to be continually doing this. Oftentimes in our business, we alternate the growth and selling phases but in theory, you should be doing both of these consistently.
Today I want to share with you five different tactics to reach more people, to help you grow your community.
This is something I am constantly working on and you should too.
- Instagram Reels: If your community lives on Instagram and you are trying to grow that follower number, then you must be making Reels. This is the best way for new people to stumble on your account. You should aim to post at least 4 reels a week. Try this out for a month and then assess what is working and what isn’t. Looking for Reels content, click here.
- Facebook Advertising: The biggest mistake I see small business owners make is not investing in paid advertising. We hear about how some small businesses blew up from one viral video and we think we don’t need to pay for advertising. The reality is Facebook Ads can be extremely effective and help you grow at a much faster rate than organic content. Facebook Ads can be targeted very specifically and you are in control of how much or how little you spend.
- Pinterest: If you aren’t on Pinterest yet, it is time to change that. Pinterest is one of the best platforms for long-term consistent traffic to your site. The reason Pinterest is so effective is because it functions like a search engine. If you write a blog post with cute spring outfits and post it to Pinterest, someone will search for “cute spring outfits” and land on your post. Your content will be shown to people who are actively looking for you and what you offer. If you have been wanting to get on Pinterest but just don’t have the time, click here to learn about my management services.
- Giveaways: Want to get more reviews, followers, or subscribers? Giveaways are a fast way to do that. I recommend teaming up with 1-2 (not 10) people to run giveaways. Make sure that the prize you are offering is within your niche and valuable. I recommend hosting giveaways once a quarter. You can have giveaways designed however you’d like, but I recommend using a platform like Rafflecopter so that people can enter to win in multiple different ways. Platforms like this help you build your email list as well as social profiles.
- Host a FREE workshop or webinar: If you are a service-based business, the best way to reach new people is by doing workshops and webinars. This does two things: number one is to build your email list. Usually, to tune into a free workshop or webinar you need to give your email address to get the invitation information. This way you can send a replay and give them more information over time. The second thing this does is give you a chance to show how much value you can offer your potential clients. Don’t offer a workshop with no value, make it so valuable that they walk away with tools to implement that day. This way your webinar attendees will be excited to open emails from you, follow you on Instagram, and eventually buy your newest offering.
With all of these ideas, the most important thing you can do is just start. It doesn’t have to be perfect, you just have to get started. Connecting with people who haven’t met you yet will be one of the most valuable things you do to grow your business.