I think it’s safe to say that Instagram Reels are here to stay and it’s time we take a deep dive into Instagram Reels and how to leverage them for your business. Instagram Reels came out last year largely in competition with TikTok. Reels are short-form videos designed to entertain, educate, inspire, or sell. They can range from 3-60 seconds depending on your specific account and are one of the fastest ways to grow your account on Instagram now.
One of the biggest complaints I hear about Reels is that they take so much time to create. From idea to execution to editing to finally hitting publish, it’s a lot. That’s why I want to help get you started with 20 Instagram Reel Ideas. These ideas are designed to help get you started and provide inspiration so that you can modify and tailor them to your specific account.
Before I jump into the 20 Instagram Reel Ideas, here are a few ways you can make the most of your content.
- Share your Reels to TikTok: why not get the most bang for your buck by posting the same content on another platform. Be sure to download your video before publishing so that you don’t have a watermark.
- Share Reels on Pinterest: vertical video content is one of the top performers on Pinterest so might as well re-share here. You do not need sound, but Pinterest does have sound options for you to use.
- Re-post Reels: no one is going to remember exactly what you posted last year, so if you have content that makes sense to repost do it!
20 Instagram Reel Ideas
- Day in The Life
- Introduce yourself
- Share and debunk a common myth
- Solve a problem
- Show behind the scenes of your office space
- Share a simple recipe people can recreate
- Feature a local shop or restaurant that you love
- Book roundup
- Outfit of the day
- What people think versus the reality
- Tell me you’re a small business owner (mom, college student, social media manager, home decor brand) without ACTUALLY telling me.
- 5 Things every person needs in their…. (office, kitchen, beauty drawer, car, luggage)
- Travel Guide
- DIY project
- Share your morning or nighttime routine
- Share a hack that you think everyone needs to know about
- Showcase a product/service you sell
- Package an order
- Share 3 journaling prompts
- What people can expect to see from you