Are you running out of content on your blog and social media sites? Or is the problem that you are running out of time to create all that content. After working for a large retail company, one of the number one problems our marketing team had was a lack of content or the hands to create it and we had three full-time graphic designers, weekly photo shoots, and a dedicated social media manager (me).
If it’s just you creating your own content, running your own business, and trying to stay up to date on all the latest trends then I have a feeling you might be feeling a little bit (ahem a lot) overwhelmed. I’ll be offering some relief with recommendations in future blog posts. Let’s start with images.
Articles with images get 94% more total views (source)
- Unsplash is my favorite place to find beautiful lifestyle photos. The Unsplash team goes through thousands of images submitted by creators to give you the best selection.
- FoodiesFeed is great for food bloggers, health, wellness, or fitness sites. They have thousands of free high-resolution images to choose from. I love to scroll through the amazing imagery on this site.
- Burst is a stock image site created by Shopify. It is particularly useful if you are trying to sell products. They have a great search and category tool, so it is extremely easy to find what you are looking for.
- Death to Stock Photos has a unique system where they email you 10 photos every month to select from. They have two options. One is free and the other is a premium membership that gives you access to the entire library. This company is extremely focused on quality and unique imagery over quantity.
- Life of Pix is great if you are looking for free video. Video is #1 when it comes to high performing posts on all social media profiles. If you don’t have the time to create your own, definitely check out Life of Pix.
- Negative Space Co. has tons of free stock photos. A lot of these are extremely stylized or have a noticeable filter on them, so just make sure it goes with your branding. They release 20 new photos every week, and you can have them delivered directly to your inbox.
- Styled Stock is for all the feminine accounts out there! These images are specifically styled with the women entrepreneur in mind. I am a little obsessed with their gallery. This is also a great place to get inspiration for your own imagery.
- Kaboom Pics is where I go to find abstract images or architecture photos. I used this site a lot when I wrote for Her Campus.
- New Old Stock is a site that has vintage photos available. They are all free from the public archive. Great if you are looking for some black and white content.
- PicJumbo is a site that is completely free for commercial and personal use. They have new additions daily in every category you could imagine.